Thursday, August 12, 2010

Unfair Review (or: Twenty-One mk. II)

Bach in April I wrote a review of Twenty-One in Changkat Bukit Bintang. The thing is though, that I might have been a little bit too harsh in that review.

My original review was written on the spot as and when it happened and I was fairly annoyed at the time. I still don't like to be cheated and I felt cheated at the time. However, their somewhat peculiar and annoying pricing scheme aside, it is actually a nice place and their lunch deal is at the moment the best in the area bar none.

The price (and indeed the whole menu - hint: I's time for an update) is the same as it was back in April. The cheapest item is Fish & Chips which they offer for RM 8.00 - including a drink (ice lemon tea or a soft drink).  They got an excellent Chicken Sandwich with Pesto for RM 9.00, some good pasta dishes around 10.00 - 12.00 and so on. The service is excellent and all the waiters are attentive and quick.

So all in all - best lunch deal in the Changkat Bukit Bintang area - but be careful with "extras" :)

Update Aug. 12, 2010:

Currently there's some construction going on across the road and it gets unbearably noisy there.  However, the construction workers have their lunch break from 12:00 - 13:00 (that's 1pm for those who can't count longer than 12) so go early :)  Also I spoke to one of the owners who said that the menu will be updated shortly but he promised me not to touch the Pesto Chicken Sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment