Monday, March 29, 2010

Furniture by installments - Malaysian way

In most countries one would buy furniture and pay by installments.  In Malaysia it would appear to be different.  Here the deliveries seems to be in installments.

I was moving on the 15th and needed some furniture - sofa, coffee table, dining table and chairs and a new bed.  I bought this early in the month so they had almost two weeks to get the order ready for delivery and they promised to deliver Mar. 15.  On Mar. 14 they call me and inform me the sofa was not ready.  I basically told them unless they made full delivery they could go f*ck themselves but I did let them deliver the display set of the sofa until my finished product was ready.  Now on the 29th the sofa was finally ready and delivered - but they are still one bedside table short and the coffee table is still the display model.

Anyway - I am having fun holding back the payment but I probably spend more than an hour explaining to the morons that I will pay in full once they have delivered the final "installment" - not a second before.

No comments:

Post a Comment